On 2-3 December 2019 EUROTHINK – Center for European Strategies organised the 5th School of European Politics. The School of European Politics is a traditional capacity-building and networking activity that is held annually by EUROTHINK with an objective to contribute to a better understanding of the European integration process among CSO representatives, the media and other stakeholders.
This year’s event was aimed at helping CSOs and journalists better understand the context and events that determine the enlargement discourse at European level, as well as empowering them to build effective advocacy strategies on EU-related topics. The following sessions were part of the School:
1. “EU Enlargement vs. EU Consolidation: Narratives, Perceptions and Challenges for the European Public” with Florent Marciacq, Expert on the Enlargement Policy of the EU;
2. “The Future of Enlargement – Competition or Solidarity in the Western Balkans?” with Florent Marciacq, Expert on the Enlargement Policy of the EU;
3. “Institutions, Structures and Processes – with whom do we actually negotiate?”, Filip Tosevski, EU Integration Expert;
4. “Fighting False News and Misinformation as a Challenge in European Integration Advocacy” with Bojan Kardalov, Communications and New Media Specialist;
5. “Advocacy for Reforms in Specific Areas of Chapter 23 and Chapter 24 – Participation of the Civil Society in Accession Negotiations of the Republic of Serbia with the EU” with Sonja Stojanovic Gajic, Expert on Good Governance and Security Sector Reform;
6. “Advocacy on EU level: get to know your Interlocutors” with Sonja Stojanovic Gajic, Expert on Good Governance and Security Sector Reform;
7. “Building Synergies between CSOs and Media” with Biljana Bejkova, Communications Expert.
The 2019 School of European Politics was generously supported as part of the “Citizens for European Reforms” project funded by the Open Society – Macedonia Foundation.